Directors

Screenwriters, this is dedicated to you! :-) Announce, discuss and shamelessly promote your screenplays here. Other stuff related to screenwriting welcome, too!

Directors

Postby GypsyLust » Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:58 am

If somebody wanted to present a script to a specific director, how does someone go about finding or getting their address? I am currently seeking John Landis's address and I cannot find any resources on how to obtain it. I am looking for a studio address rather than a home address.
GypsyLust

Directors Address

Postby Tiffanylsu » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:59 pm

When you find out about directors address please let me know;)
Tiffanylsu

Re: Directors

Postby eric11 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:42 pm

GypsyLust wrote:If somebody wanted to present a script to a specific director, how does someone go about finding or getting their address? I am currently seeking John Landis's address and I cannot find any resources on how to obtain it. I am looking for a studio address rather than a home address.
You can't. Directors are not that accessible. If you don't know them on a personal bases than your wasting your time.
eric11

Re: Directors

Postby angelus77 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:50 am

In my younger days, before I knew anything about the business, I sent a Batman script I had written to Tim Burton. It was promptly returned with a form letter stating that he did not accept unsolicited material. Ditto for studios, producers, and actors.

The best way to get the attention of a director is to write the greatest script you can and then win a screenplay competition. That will likely get you an agent, and then you can suggest John Landis.
angelus77

Return to Screenwriters' Corner