Is it possible??

Screenwriters, this is dedicated to you! :-) Announce, discuss and shamelessly promote your screenplays here. Other stuff related to screenwriting welcome, too!

Is it possible??

Postby xx_kamida_xx » Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:32 pm

I live in Australia, and have been writing scripts for dramas and thrillers since I was 13 or 14 (I am 17 in April) and I've completed many scripts and re-written some to make them even better etc. Is it possible for somebody who lives in Australia to get an agent in America?? :?:
"All I need is everything U R, complete, and if you ever fall I'll be here standing in the shadow of my heart."
xx_kamida_xx

Re: Is it possible??

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:13 pm

I don't know. I've got the same problem. I'm living in Germany and I think it's nearly impossible to get an agent in America. But I'm gonna try to get to the US when I'm at age.

It's the same problem everywhere, I think. There's not enough promotion for making movies, even if you are a good screenwriter, director, actor, or what else...

Postby mikiew00 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:06 pm

I hate to say it but your probably going to have to move to the U.S to really get into your career. There might be some people where your at that are willing to look at your script without an agent but you'll probably end up working really hard to sell it without the help of one.
mikiew00

Postby BrandyWine » Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:33 am

No, you don't have to move to the US to get representation or sell a script. When I was at CAA we repped many a artists in the UK and Australia. The best way to go about it, is to find an attorney in Los Angeles that is willing to represent you. It is hard without having something sold or in the process of being sold. If you have a great piece (and I emphasize GREAT), then find some attachments to it first. Get interest from an actor, director, or producer that has a market pull and then when they are interested in taking on your script in a project contact an attorney to represent you or a medium agency. I hope this helps and above all be patient and persistent in your craft. If you really want to be a writer and constantly evolve and learn, then you will find a way in or eventually be read by the right person.

Good Luck,
BrandyWine Entertainment
Studio City, CA
brandon@film-cafe.com
BrandyWine

Return to Screenwriters' Corner