My ideas for a possible movie.

Screenwriters, this is dedicated to you! :-) Announce, discuss and shamelessly promote your screenplays here. Other stuff related to screenwriting welcome, too!

My ideas for a possible movie.

Postby Vito Corlione » Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:15 am

I have many ideas for movies, and seeing since I havent really begun to write them I want some opinons on my ideas.
The first screen play I want to write is like a comedy/drama movie, called ''THE NINE'' it centers nine young employees who work at a Wal mart, kinda of a mega store called ''Time to shop'' and the store is ran by a very mean man whos facial features remain hidden throughout the entire movie. So the boss goes on a vacation, but before he leaves he tells the 9 employees to have an increase in sales(the clothing department) by the time he comes back, OR ELSE. And while the boss is on vacation the nine slacking employees have done anything but increase sales, til one day one employee suggest a plan that will allow them to actually get into their customers heads and deliver things to their costumers, that they were too skeptical to belive the store could offer. The plan is to put mini cameras in the dressing rooms, because people are most vulnrable naked, yet when their by their selfs they allow their selfs more freedom, a freedom the eployees could never know by just speaking to them directly.
Well that was a brief description of a screenplay I hope to write. Feel free to comment. :P
Vito Corlione

Postby Unknown » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:28 am

Hey Vito, I think that your idea is good, but when you consider what audience you're trying to attract there isn't a wide range. It seems that the basic setting and story of your idea is a bit underdeveloped, stories very similar to this have already been done before. Stories which seek to find the hidden secrets of people, thing which you can't discover from simply speaking to them. I think that you need to find a more specific target, which you're trying to discover through the story, for instance find a character out of the nine whom discovers something about themselves through others. Anyways, I don't have much experience, but I'm just trying to be helpful in helping you not make another "cliche" movie, something more special, hope this helps.
Unknown

THANKS

Postby VITO CORLEONE » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:55 pm

Thanks, I feel my target audience is just anyone who likes a comedy with substance. Im trying so hard to make 9 characters which arent cliched.
VITO CORLEONE

number of characters

Postby justlikeyou » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:05 am

No more than 5 to 7 characters. The audience has to keep track of everyone and enjoy it all at the same time. Pick any movie or even a sitcom. You'll see that 5-7 PRINCIPLE characters is the majic number. Stay with it.
justlikeyou

Postby Gallipolis » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:04 am

Interesting and good luck. You may want to storyboard it. Do you have enough stuff to keep 9 protagonists busy? Quite a few for a movie or even an ongoing series.
Gallipolis

Return to Screenwriters' Corner